There is a clear need for reconfigurable assembly systems which enable efficient production in every phase of the product lifecycle. Flexible transportation technologies (such as AGV’s) could enable this reconfigurable system, however their use in assembly environments is still limited.
Therefore, there is a clear need for design methodologies and reconfiguration strategies for reconfigurable assembly systems that make full use of the potential of flexible transportation technologies.
The project aims to develop design methodologies and reconfigurable strategies for reconfigurable assembly systems that make full use of the potential of flexible transportation technologies.
- Design methodology for reconfigurable assembly systems
- Add flexible transportation resources and architectures to the design framework for assembly workstations
- Define reconfiguration strategies within a single system layout or using hybrid system layouts.
- Reconfiguration decision support tool
- Dashboard to monitor the improved performance versus the migration cost of different reconfiguration strategies based on changing product mix and volumes.
ASSEMBLY_RECON is a Strategic Basic Research (SBO) project. We are looking for companies to join the User Group and work with us on the valorisation of the project.