Model-based design has led to significant improvement in mechatronic product design, but currently only captures dual-domain interaction (mechanical-control, control-embedded) such that the potential of fully integrated mechatronic products is not yet exploited. For tool vendors there are still gaps in the available:
- Triple domain model-based design, co-simulation and data exchange tools;
- Accurate representative model parameters;
- Co-design optimization methods which exploit the co-simulation models.
For machine/vehicle designers there is a lack of:
- Tools for clear communication between domain experts;
- Workflows to exploit the triple-domain models;
- Insight in the full design trade-offs.
With this project we will deliver effective tools for human-interpretable co-design of mechatronic systems consisting of mechanical-control-embedded components.
- Co-simulation methodologies which enable an exchange of both dynamic state and multi-domain design information in coupled mechanical-control-embedded systems, hereby incorporating heterogeneous levels of abstraction.
- Parameter identification methods for the aforementioned models to obtain good predictive design accuracy.
- Efficient multi-objective optimization tools which are compatible with the triple-co-simulation models and provide design trade-off results overnight.
FLEXMOSYS_SBO is a Strategic Basic Research (SBO) project. We are looking for companies to join the User Group and work with us on the valorisation of the project.
Interested? Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.